DAY TRIP TO ESSAOUIRA FROM MARRAKECH
The Essaouira day trip from Marrakech involves a drive of around 2 hours 40 minutes from Marrakech to this delightful old coastal town. There is a lot to see and do along the way.
- Take photos with goats climbing Argan trees.
- Visit cooperative of Berber women producing Argan oil.
- Admire the beauty of Essaouira old town on a day trip
- Enjoy a long walk around the beach of Essaouira
- Visit the port, the old medina and the market
The city was known in the time of 11th-century Geographer al-Bakri and, as he reported, was called Sidi Megdoul. In the 16th-century, a corruption of this name became known to the Portuguese as Mogador or Mogadore.
The Berber and Arabic names mean the wall, a reference to the fortress walls that originally enclosed the city.
In essaouira you have a great chance to discover the marvelous Argan oil, by visiting Women’s Co-operative manufacturing this famous product and there will be a preventative that will accompany you to explain for you the different steps of making the famous oil. On the arrival to Essaouira
- Hotel pick-up and drop off/Marrakech
- AC & Wifi Transportation
- Bilingual and professional driver
- Fuel during the entire journey
- Free stops to take photos and admire the landscapes
What’s not Included
- Restoration – Lunch
- Personal expenses
Full Day Trip to Essaouira from Marrakech